Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Monday, May 18, 2015

My Frozen Babies - Update

I'm late on this post. I wanted to write it while on bed rest, but somehow I found a way to get busy doing other stuff. So, I had my Frozen Embryo Transfer on Wednesday of last week. The actual transfer process was much fast this time. I drank just the right amount of water, and my uterus was in the same position it was in during my trial transfer, so everything worked out beautifully. 
The sad part is that Mr. RFA wasn't in the OR with me this time. Our babysitter canceled at the last minute and every single person we know who could have possibly done it has kids that they have to get to school in the mornings, so it wouldn't have worked. I was a bit sad that he wasn't in there. We did bring the girls to the hospital with us, though. They were with me while I was getting ready and waiting, but not for the actual transfer.

Let me focus on the positive. Everyone was still so nice. It was the same staff that was there two years ago. The embryologist came in and showed us the picture of our two remaining embryos. They both thawed out beautifully, he said.  I was surprised by the picture, though. They look so different from Ava and Zoe's embryos. He assured me they were fine, it's just that embryos look different after being thawed versus Fresh.  Here's the picture:


I have no idea how to turn the picture the right way.

So now I'm in the "wait phase." I go for my pregnancy blood test on Wednesday. I'm so tempted to go buy a bunch of home pregnancy tests and take them every day, but I will resist. Mr. RFA has made me promise. 

Symptoms: I have been having period like symptoms since the day after transfer. I'm hoping that's a great sign of implantation. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Stay tuned....



3 comments:

Sunny said...

I'm praying it all works out for you.

AMES said...

^^^^^^^^^Me too!!! ^^^^^^^^^

Anonymous said...

I am really praying everything works out!!