Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Friday, October 10, 2014

SAHM High-Low

(The girls were 6 months on this picture. We had just finished filming for an online web series on how couples break the news of their pregnancy.)

I've finally settled into my role as a SAHM. It only took me about 7 months, haha. Here is a High/Low list (I actually hate saying a low...I should probably call them not so highs):
 
Highs:
 
1. I get to love on my babes all day without worrying about how they are being treated by someone else.
 
2. Our Daily Schedule. I absolutely love not having to guess at what is going on with the girls. When someone is cranky, I know exactly why.  Let's not even mention how much I adore their nap time..can you say mommy break, lol.
 
3. Music time. Apart of the daily schedule is music time. We start with a praise and worship line up. Why didn't I ever know how many great kids Christian songs were out there? We've been doing Praise and Worship since they were four months old. They love it, and so do I.
 
4. Play Dates. I've met some great moms through playdates. I love seeing the girls interact with other babies.
 
5. I am able to drop off and pick up Alyssa everyday. I love that I get to have those special points of the day with her. She is such a delight when she's not giving me teenager attitude.
 
6. Hubby Time. Mr. RFA works from home when he's not traveling, so we get to spend QT all day, and the bonus is we get to do it with the girls as well. We both wanted their first year to be with the both of us, and I'm so thankful we have the means to make that happen.
 
7. Milestones. I love that I get to see and teach the girls their milestones. I don't have to worry about missing anything...yay!
 
8. Best of all, I don't have to go off and be someplace all day without my family. My job is be with them, grow them, love on them, take care of my home, give attention to my husband, and all around focus on my family. I never thought I would be enjoy being a SAHM, but I have truly fallen in love with it!
 
Lows: Despite my love, there are some lows.
 
1. There are no days off - My husband gives me a break probably more often then I should let him, but can I get some more breaks, lol.
 
2. I constantly feel like I haven't done enough by the end of the day. In my mind, staying home meant I would have dinner cooked everyday by 5pm, my floors would be always looked freshly polished, I'd work on a DIY project everyday, and I would spend every minute of the babies awake time rolling around on the floor playing with them. Not so much...
 
3. Navigating the SAHM scene. This isn't a total low...actually many days, this is a high. But, sometimes I'm just reminded of some childish clique type stuff. I just want my babies to play, and I want some girl talk in the process.
 
4. Sometimes I find that I can spend the entire day only talking about the kids with my husband. On those days I feel like he deserves more from me. To remind him that I'm still his fine, sexy, interesting wife and not just Alyssa, Ava and Zoe's mommy.
 
Overall, the highs outweigh the lows. I've settled into my role and this is exactly where I want to be for the next few years.

3 comments:

LadyLee said...

Yes! The highs outweigh the lows. Loved this post.

You are still my future POTUS. I'm just saying... LOL

Aretha said...

Lol...as soon as these girls go to kindergarten, lol

Sunny said...

OMG, they and you are so very beautiful!! Enjoy your time with them.