Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Random As I wanna Be

The entire Ebola situation is disheartening. I don't think patient zero was left to die because he is black and non American. I'm not even sure I believe he was purposefully mistreated. I'm so confused. I feel part conspiracy theorist and part crazy. I'm not even sure that I believe there haven't been other ebola cases here that have not been reported for fear of mass hysteria. All I can do is pray.
 
A few months ago we got rid of cable at my urging. Well, we have basic cable because internet alone is the price of basic and internet combined (how does that make sense?). Anyway, we got Roku and I absolutely love it. My mother in law lets us stream showtime, lifetime, hbo, and espn. And, we have Netflix and hulu plus. With those things and youtube, which is a roku channel (What! What!), I don't think I will ever get cable again. The only thing I miss having is MSNBC. I'm hoping they will get on board and get a roku channel soon.
 
I'm heading to a Bedroom Kandi party tonight. This will be a first for me. It will be me and a group of mommies from one of my playgroups...haha..this is sure to be hilarious.  I have to admit, though, I'm so excited at what goodies I may find for me and the hubs.
 
Mr. RFA and I just went away for his birthday.  It was the first time we were both away from the girls at the same time. We spent the first half day calling my MIL every 30 minutes to check on the girls and Her sanity. Now that I know we can all survive the separation for a couple of days, I want to do that again. Time with my husband is quite simply golden...I need more of it sans kids, lol.
 
Speaking of his birthday, I made this banana pudding cake at his request. It was sooo yummy. Too yummy to be healthy, even with bananas.

 
My awesome little suburb was named the Best place to live by Money Magazine. I love my city! And, I have been appointed to the Arts Commission, so I get to do some great work for my local and still be with my babes all day!
 
What's random with you??

1 comment:

This One Woman said...

Hey there! Good to see you and the babies. I'm glad the family is doing well.

Random with me...my son is now 9 and I can see his personality and life aside from me developing. It's really cool.

I am teaching 5th grade which has it's own set of highs and lows but I'm still there :)