I’m Pregnant!! I wanted to do this whole big build up to give you guys the news, but I’m too excited to control myself. I went in for my blood pregnancy test yesterday morning. I was anxious to hear good news since the moment I walked out of the lab. Finally at 1:15pm, the My Reproductive Endocrinologist called me himself and gave me the great news!!
He said "I'm doing great today, Aretha. How about you?" I started semi screaming the word yay and just about fell to my knees in joy. There is life inside of me. There is life in my uterus. My uterus is not broken. God has given me the opportunity to mother another child(ren). My husband will get to experience fatherhood from the beginning. There is life inside of me! I am overjoyed and so thankful to God for this entire journey, and the rest that is to come. He truly deserves every single bit of the glory.
I tried to remain faithful through it all. Of course there were moments of weakness and doubt, but I prayed for God to forgive me for negative thinking and to take those thoughts from my mind.
There is life inside of me!
I have to take two additional tests to make sure it is not a chemical pregnancy and that my beta numbers are progressing as they should. Typically they double every day or so. And then somewhere around the end of May, we will go in for our first ultra sound to hear heartbeats, check progress, AND find out how many are living in there.
There is life inside of me!
Praise God! I thank him for technology, great health insurance, and the finances to make this all happen.
We are over the moon excited! Mr. RFA and I have told the daughter and my sister. We are now working on an elaborate way to surprise our mothers and my granny. My granny and MIL will fly out here for “some reason we make up”, and then we will give them a happy shock! My MIL has been so great through our journey. She doesn’t know about IVF, but she knows that we tried IUI and that my fibroids had posed an issue last year before the wedding. She is a prayer warrior for sure and has been so faithful. Her youngest grandchild is now 19 (Mr. RFA’s sister had kids very young), so she is going to be a mess with her first grandchild from her son. And, I know my mother can’t wait to hear this great news. My granny will be happy for us, but when I told her months ago that we were trying to get pregnant she said something along the lines of me being slightly off for wanting to start all over with raising kids. We laughed about it. That woman says whatever is on her mind, lol.
So, here are my stats (for my tracking purposes and your reading pleasure):
- I am considered to be 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant. (I know what you’re thinking…that’s too far along. Well, I never knew that the doctors automatically add 2 weeks to your gestational age. Why? Because gestational age is calculated from the date of your last period, as opposed to conceptual age, which is calculated from the date of ovulation. I have no idea why this is done, but I just know I’m considered 4 week and 1 day pregnant, even though those little beauties were conceived on April 15th at their fertilization party in the lab).
- My beta number yesterday was 428 (oh yeah...that's great!!!)
- My estrogen level is great
- My progesterone level is now normal (last week I got a call that it was low, so the RE increased my dosage and number of butt shots per day…ouch).
- I have no symptoms right now. Let's pray that continues, lol.
Mr. RFA told me to tell all of you thank you for your prayers. I want to say thank you, too. I don't know if it comes across in words on a screen, but I am really grateful for your prayers. Please continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby(ies).
LadyLee, my husband also said thank you for standing in faith with us and already starting on a baby blanket. When I told him about you, he was visibly thrilled.
Well, the pregnancy journey has begun...35 weeks and 6 days to go...unless he/she/or they want to debut earlier.
This is my last TTC post. Going forward my updates will be labeled Pregnancy Post.
Ahhhhh....There is LIFE inside of me!!!!
Thank God for the miracle of life!