Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Friday, November 8, 2013

Baby Bump News: 31 Weeks

(My face is breaking out something bad...the hormones are getting me)
 
Today I am 31 weeks and 4 days!  Things are moving right along. My doctor has informed me that she wants me on bedrest now. Last week I was having extreme back pain and some shortness of breath, so I was sent  to the hospital. They ran every text possible and everything came back perfect. Despite that my doctor is concerned about my pain with the long drive I have to and from work. My back pain is now throughout the day...all day. So, she told me I can drive to work two nonconsecutive days per week and that's it.
 
I'm going to tough it out for one more week and then out on bedrest I go. Since I work for a bassakwards organization, my boss doesn't want to take advantage of my two days a week ability. Instead she has informed me that coming in two days a week wouldn't make a difference, and she refused my request to work the rest of the week from home. She is a young 40, but I swear her leadership style (or lack thereof) is from the 19th century.
 
My plan was to stop working on November 15th anyway, but I had started considering working until the first of December because so much is happening at work right now and I wanted to make sure nothing derailed before my departure, or afterward. But, now with my doctor's orders and my boss' attitude, I'm out on November 15th. I'm excited!
 
Back to the babies:
 
We saw them again on Wednesday and they are doing well. They have gained a ton of wait over the past two weeks since we last saw them. Baby A is 3 lbs 13 ounces and Baby B is 4 lbs 3 ounces. I think I'm going to have some healthy sized babies on my hands.  I want them to be healthy, but I don't need them to be 6 or 7 pounds. I'm good with a solid 5, lol.
 
Their heartbeats look good  and the doctor's have no concerns about their development.
 
It's hard to believe that they will be here next month. We still aren't fully ready, but I went and did some more shopping yesterday, so now they have most of everything they need to survive at our house, but there are still things I want for them. I have to shop in spurts or my back will start burning and I go into survival mode. Survival mode = find the nearest place to sit/lay regardless or where I am and who is looking. Survival mode isn't usually pretty, lol.
 
The nursery is just about finished....it could have been done if my honey bunny wasn't so anal. Just when all painting was finished and all furniture ready to go in, he decided he wanted to repaint all the trim to make it look a brighter white. He also decided it was the time to paint their section of the Jack and Jill sink area. All of that has just pushed me back. He still has to clean the carpet in there to get all the dust and stuff out, and then we can arrange all the furniture and we're set. I bought a cute pendant light fixture (it's huge) from ikea that looks great in their room. I had seen the light before and thought it looked cheap, but it looks perfect for a nursery.
 
Remaining things I need for the nursery: A changing pad cover...I think I'm going to make one from a sheet, so it can perfectly match their crib sheets. I also haven't purchased my glider/rocker yet...I almost don't want to waste money on one, but who knows...maybe I'll use it once or twice. I also need a night light/white noise maker. Lastly, I'm on the search for a cute yellow cheveron windo vallance (that's my honey's idea..I think blinds are enough).
 
All in all it's coming together nicely.
 
My baby shower is on the 16th and then I'll do all my final shopping to make sure we are all set.
 
We've decide to use cloth diapers after all of our gifted diapers run out. I've narrowed my preference down to bum genius and fuzzibunz. They are costly up front, but in the long run I think they'll save us a ton.  I've discovered the kind that are pretty convenient and shouldn't take up too much extra time beyond disposable diapers.
 
That's enough for now...I guess.
 
My babies are coming, my babies are coming!!! Joy to the World, my babies are coming!

5 comments:

Sunny said...

The countdown is on!!! I'm so excited for you. You look beautiful in the picture. I hope you take full advantage of your bedrest.

Sandra said...

Wow! You are beautiful!

Heather said...

How exciting! I wanted to know if you would be able to answer a question about your blog! My name is Heather and if you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

AMES said...

Beautiful belly!

AMES said...

I will not pressure you for updates or photos ............... Yet. February 10, the pressure will begin.