Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

This and That

My last day as a working (outside the home) woman (for this chapter of my life, anyway) is quickly coming to a close. My last day of work is supposed to be November 15th, but depending on how I'm feeling physically and mentally I may extend it to November 22nd. Right now, I don't want to do that, but I feel bad for having been here for such a short period of time. And, I've been pregnant since my 2nd week here, so I don't feel like they got the very best of me. We'll see.
------------------

Alyssa and I have been having some issues lately. She loves to catch an attitude these days...about most anything. And, she has made herself believe that I won't drop kick her to the ground as she is talking back a whole lot these days. I've talked to her about what's going on. Maybe some of it is trying to flex her desire for more independence, or perhaps she has lost her mind. Or, maybe she has been invaded by a crazy teenaged child from someone else's house. I don't know, but I do know that something has got to give. I even asked her if she was feeling some type of way about the babies coming. Honestly, much talk around the house has been about their arrival since it is fast approaching. She says she is happy they are coming and she doesn't feel like she is being replaced. I've made it a mission for her and I to have mommy daughter dates every week until they arrive, and I even go lay in her bed with her and try to have girl talk. Her 'tude makes doing some of these difficult, but I'm trying to press through without killing her. I guess I'm finally getting a dose of "the teenage  years." I'm happy to know most people say they don't last always.

On a happy note, She did fantastic on her first report card of sophomore year. She did get two B's, which I'm usually not happy about, but I know for a fact she worked her butt off for those, and they were AP classes, so that hard work equaled excellence in my mind.

Here is a picture of her and her girlfriends heading to the homecoming dance a few weeks ago. Why is she such a young lady?? That's her in the Gold.



--------------------------------------

The house is coming together. Well, the family room and kitchen are. Everywhere else is still in disarray. I finally found some furniture I like for the formals, but I've yet to purchase them. Hopefully I will pull the trigger this weekend. I found a table at z gallerie that I L.O.V.E., but it's not in my budget.
 



It's completely mirrored and beautiful. I see myself redressing that table every season. Too bad the table alone is $1000 meaning I would still need to spend another $600-$1000 on chairs. That husband of mine said no, and as much as I hate admitting it, he is right.  But, I found an alternative...on accident. It's also a completely mirrored table, in the same shape as the z gallerie one, but it's a more smokey mirror. I love it the same and we negotiated getting it with 4 chairs for $700. So now I only need to purchase two more chairs for the heads of the table or a dining bench for one side of the table, which I can do later. Hip..Hip..Hooray!

------------------------------------------------

The Texas Baby Shower is happening in a couple of weeks. And, my sister and mother are insisting on having it at my house. I really wanted to have it at a restaurant.  I don't like my house being seen before it is finished in my mind. I guess this is forcing me to get things done timely.  The goal was November 30, but now it has been pushed up two weeks...sigh.

The Philadelphia Baby Shower was a hit. My MIL did a great job and all of my husband's friends, family and church family showed up and overwhelmed us with love. My mother was angry that my MIL gave me a shower...let me rephrase. She was angry that I allowed her to give us a shower. I had to put my foot down and finally tell her how crazy she's been acting and that I think she has some insecurity issues. We're past it for now. Oh it will come up again...these silly things always do.

---------------------------------------------

My honey and I both want to go on a babymoon, but we just don't see where we will have time at this point. I'm not interested in driving anyplace with this big belly and flying was so uncomfortable for me at the beginning of October that I know now would be unbearable. I'm going to try and plan a local getaway for us at the start of December. We need some alone time before we are bombarded with babies!

------------------------------

I've purposefully not blogged about the shutdown or politics for a while. I'm disgusted...by both sides. That is all.

-----------------------------------

Did you all see what the awesome, amazing, caring, faithful LadyLee did for us??? If not go to her BLOG to see for yourself. I'll tell you, too. She made us not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 baby blankets. Now isn't that awesome?!?!?! But, more awesome than that is that she started on that first blanket before I was even pregnant. When I first blogged about our desire to conceive and our journey through fertility, she started crocheting. I couldn't believe it at the time, and I almost can't believe it now. My faith was shaky in the beginning, I must admit. But, to see someone who I've only connected with through words and never sight nor voice, stand in full FAITH with us that we would be pregnant, is one of the most amazing things I've ever encountered.  I know she is just being her amazing self, but I'm serious when I say I am in awe of her kindness.   Thanks Old Girl! Get ready to be bombarded with pictures of our precious babies wrapped up in their blankets!

-----------------------


That's all for now! How is everyone. I feel like my lack of blogging and blog reading has me totally out of the loop, lol.

2 comments:

LadyLee said...

Teenage years! Wow! You remember them! She's at the age where, like the old folks say, "She smelling herself". Sigh.

I thought I was going to have to put Milk and Cookies in a choke hold during that time. He turned out alright, but it was O_o there for a few years.

I was glad to make the blankets. When you were just talking about pregnancy, I was thinking "Whelp! Time to make a yarn run and get started!". I knew if I didn't get started while you were just thinking on it, I would be rushing to finish up.

I know your patterns, honey... You get to thinking on something, it's only a matter of time before it show up.

And that's a good thing :)

Sunny said...

4 blankets!?! Wow you are blessed.