Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Baby Bump News - Week 21


Guess who we got to see yesterday??? Yep, the babies. Oh my goodness how they have grown. Last month’s ultrasound showed them to be 5 and 6 ounces. This month they are both 14 ounces. Yay! 
When we got in with the doctor she was practically doing a happy dance. She went on and on about how awesome they are growing and how everything looks so good.
This time Baby A was the best little participant. She (I call that one the girl) allowed us to see her beautiful profile. She looks like Baby B to me. They both have their father’s mouth.  Baby B decided he would lay face down today with no desire to say hi to us. He just lied there relaxing.  The view of his spine was a nice one, though. And, we got a glimpse of one of those cute feet of his.
The feeling is getting stronger…I really think we are having at least one boy. I really think Baby B, the one who will be delivered second, is a Boy.  My mother seems to think that they are both boys.
 
I talked to the doctor about my weight as well. I’ve had a net gain of 1.4 pounds so far. My stomach seems to be the only thing growing. Though I feel like a huge cow.  I know some of that is probably muscle loss as I haven’t worked out in ages. My doctor told me not to worry. She said if I can maintain a healthy pregnancy and manage not to gain 60 pounds that I should consider it a victory. Lol, I agree. 60 pounds was never in my plan. I sure hope the Lord doesn’t need me to gain that much to my babies here.  I’m glad to know that slow to no weight gain is just fine.
 
I go for my high risk scan – twins, plus fibroid history, plus 33 equals high risk – in two weeks.  And then in two weeks after that I have that nasty glucose test. Though it’s been 15 years since my last one, I remember it like it was yesterday. I had the “cola” flavored one. I remember I had to go somewhere, drink it and wait.  This time they sent me home with a bottle of orange and told me to drink an hour before my arrival.  I guess they trust mommies more now.
 
Oh yeah…I asked if I could start back on exercise now that I actually have energy for such a thing. My doctor told me to go for it. I asked if I could speed walk on a treadmill. She told me I could do that, light weights, and even stationary cycling. She told me if I feel unusual, to slow it down, but she thinks some good exercise will be good for all three of us.  I’m so excited. I’m going to put the exercise area in our house to good use…finally. I really want to take a water aerobics class, but I don’t know where I would find the time outside of my weekends.
 
Stats:
21 weeks and 1 day
Babies A and B are 14 ounces each
Baby A had a heartbeat of 129bpm
Baby B had a heartbeat of 134bpm
They are measuring right on target for 21 weeks
My belly measurement came in at 23 weeks today (I don’t remember belly measurements from my pregnancy with Alyssa)
Symptoms:
None (Praise the Lord!)
 

4 comments:

Sunny said...

Awesome news. I'm so glad things are going well. I will continue to pray for an easy pregnancy and delivery for you.
Isn't amazing how much things have changed since your first child? My cousin recently had a baby and got 3D ultrasound pictures. For a short minute I was a little jealous. Not enough to go again mind you!! LOL

LadyLee said...

Moving right along! Babies will be here before you know it!

Bliss said...

Sunny - Yes, things have definitely changed. I remember when I was first pregnant, I only had two ultrasounds, now I get one at every doctor's visit. I also used to have that nasty manual check by the doctor at every visit, but my doctor has only done it once so far. Oh, and don't get me started on how much you can see from the ultrasounds...it's amazing.

LadyLee - Yes Ma'am...moving right along. The countdown is on and I think I'm getting a little (whispers) nervous.

MrsTDJ said...

Congratulations sis!!! Please forgive me for falling behind in everyone's lives and blogs. So happy for you, hubby and the whole family!! Can't wait to go back and read more!