Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Baby Bump News - 20 weeks

Today makes 20 weeks. It’s amazing how fast I feel like time is moving through this pregnancy. Yesterday, I took some time to reflect on the journey. It is amazing the way we feel in the midst of what we perceive to be a “storm.” From August until we got the positive pregnancy news in May, I was scared. I kept a  mostly positive outlook on things thanks to my wonderful honey bunny, but there were parts of me that were scared. My husband reinforced faith and urged me to be strong. He knew without a doubt that everything would be ok. I believed as well, I think I just couldn’t handle the unknown…the month after month of negative test results. Because of my history with fibroids and myomectomies, I felt broken.  Looking back on that now, I feel bad about having been scared at all.

In reality we tried from August to April – 8 months. One of the women I met when I first moved here just gave birth to twins. She too went through IVF and she and her husband had been trying for 3 years. How silly did I feel after finding that out?  Very.

I typically try to keep things in perspective; realize that things are not as bad as they seem in the right now, but I had several failing moments during our 8 month trying period. I am so grateful that God blessed us despite my wavering. Favor is an amazing thing…and I don’t care what anyone say, my house is favored!

The other thing that I thought about was the fact that we had a plan and we worked the plan. I’ve never been one to sit around and wait for things to happen; not when I can be actively doing something. Because of my fibroid history, we had spoken with a fertility doctor before the wedding. We were clear with him that we were not having sex before marriage, but that once we said “I do,” it would be on and popping and we wanted to be monitored to see how the recent myomectomy was impacting things. He told us to start trying on our wedding night and come see him in December if I hadn’t gotten pregnant yet.  We went to see him in December and we got started on a plan complete with tests and such. I thank God that we had the insurance coverage and financial means to do that instead of having to try without direction for years.  

On to the babies...We get to see them again next week.  I’m so excited. This time is feel s like it’s been ages since I’ve last saw them.  I’m ready to see them wiggling and jiggling around in there.  According to my internet research, at this point they should be about 10 ounces and 6 inches long. Wow…they are growing rapidly. 
I have more energy, but if I’m not careful I expend it too quickly and then I’m left feeling exhausted. For example, I’m like the queen of energy in the house because if I feel any sense of tiredness I can sit and recover quickly. However, if I’m out and walking around…it takes about 45 minutes before I’m looking for a place to take a nap.  It’s weird.
I have serious leg cramps at night. They are calming down, but last week was painful. It felt every other time I switched positions my legs would cramp up causes me to jump out of bed in pain in an attempt to stretch them out.
My sex drive had declined more than I would have liked it to, but it’s on the comeback…oh yeah. Happy mamma and daddy equals happy babies, lol.
I think my belly grew between today and last week. It is getting big and my husband is started to make belly jokes. I’ll let him have his fun now, but I told him to get ready for me to bring sexy back after these babies vacate my uterus.
Other baby news:

I found their cribs!  I was torn between one at Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us. The ones at BBB were about $300 more each than the one I found at BRU.  I like the one at BRU better, for price, but mostly because of its design. I didn’t want a crib that had the wide back because I would have to place it on the wall the long way.  I wanted one of the traditional looking cribs that I could place on the wall the short way (like twin beds)…here is a picture because I think I suck at this description.  Actually, I put the two that I’m still a bit torn over (both from BRU).


I'm leaning toward the bottom picture. I really love the curved lines, but there is something about the straight lines in the first picture that I like also. Which do you like?  Do the curved lines look more feminine?  

I think that 's it for now...The countdown is on...The babies will be here in 3 months and 28 days...what, what?!?!?!?!

5 comments:

LadyLee said...

I am learning too that I am in fear of the "unknown" at times. We are living in a time where everything is at our fingertips, and when things don't happen instantly, it ellicits a whole range of emotions - fear, uncertainty, reasonings, discouragement, depression and whatever else... I'm learning to pray for courage in the face of the fear. Courage is going on and stepping out even though I am afraid.

Yay on babies getting bigger. Not long now! Tell your doc to give me a call with the sex of the babies! lol

Bliss said...

Yes, the instant access is creating problems. One of my concerns was whether or not we were rushing and taking matters into our own hands, but I know that no matter what we do, if it's not God's timing, it's not gonna happen.

My doctor is not allowed to find out the sex. I've told her that she must also be surprised. I told her to review the ultrasounds without looking at their little private areas, lol.

I'm starting to feel like there are two boys in there instead of one of each. I dunno...it's so exciting not to know.

justmoe said...

I like the curve lines.

Sasha said...

3 months!!! I can't believe it. That is so soon.

ames said...

New life is joyful. I think that is why shopping for baby supplies is a happy feeling. thank you for updating us and sharing your excitement and joy. Enjoy decorating their nursery!