Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sold!



We’ve sold the house..yippie! Have you ever sold a house? This was both our first time experiencing the selling process and neither of us particularly liked it.  There was a lot of packing up and leaving the house for an hour…several times per day.  We got tons of feedback, none of which was valuable. People said things like, “House shows well;” “Don’t like that Master is upstairs;” etc. There was no feedback on anything we could actually change. We both started to feel discouraged and thought maybe God just wanted us to stay there. One afternoon I texted Mr. RFA and told him that we need to take it off the market. Later that day we got a cash offer for $4k below our asking price. We negotiated some typical seller costs, and came to an agreement. They want to close quickly…as in the end of this month. 

We are now frantically looking for a new house. We had stopped looking because we wanted to wait for an offer. Neither of us had a clue we would get a cash offer and the buyer would want to close within a month. Alyssa and Mr. RFA are going to see 11 houses today and we all saw one on Monday. I like the one from Monday a lot, except for one issue…there is no separate study and only 4 bedrooms. But the rest of the house is great. Depending on what they love today, this evening all three of us will go back and see the top picks.  I really hope we are able to make a choice by the end of the weekend, and hopefully we can get a fast closing.

In other news, we also sold the apartments here in Texas. We had to do a praise dance when we heard there was an offer. Those apartments make me sick…I hate them. Since Mr. RFA have been together, there has always been at least one unit vacant, meaning we had to pay the difference in mortgage. Dealing with tenants is a headache for my husband, which makes me feel bad for him. We had concluded that we would have to deal with that “problem” for years to come. By chance we just decided to put it on the market to see if there would be any interest at all. We had absolutely no positive expectations, but God showed up and showed out again. We close on that sale in the middle of August. It is grand to have these things fall into place.

I’m now trying to convince my husband that we need to go ahead and sell the out of state rental property now and not wait until next spring. He is not budging. I just want us to strike while the market is hot. I think he is emotionally attached because that was his first home. I’m being sensitive to that.

I feel like God is blessing us in ways we only imagined. Sometimes I feel undeserving, but I know this is all happening for a reason and I appreciate God’s favor in our lives.
Now that we can focus on our first “Together Home” we are steps closer to getting ready for the babies and start of our new expanded family!

3 comments:

Sasha said...

I'm so happy about the houses for you. Good luck finding a new home.

New reader from Florida.

LadyLee said...

Good for you! Come sell my house! I need it sold "as is"! If you can do that, you're my hero!

LOL

Congrats! And I hope you find the house of your dreams!

Serenity3-0 said...

LOL at Ladylee. This is all great news. I'm continuing to pray for a healthy pregnancy and delivery for you. My morning sickness lasted the entire pregnancy. I pray that's not your sentence also b/c it's the pits!