Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Surprise



My mother-in-law gets into town on Thursday. She doesn’t know it, but she is in for a big surprise. We are telling her and my mother that we are expecting their newest grandbabies.  They are both going to be so happy.  My granny, who I will not bad mouth, refused to come for a visit because she has changed her mind about flying and didn’t feel like driving.  She dropped that little bomb two weeks ago, and I was upset and hurt initially. I got over it quickly. 

We decided to tell her over the phone and swore her to secrecy.  She was so happy.  Much happier than I thought. My granny is not real exciteable, but she was over the moon. We let the news of being pregnant soak in and then we hit her with, “It’s twins.”  My granny, who always has something to say, literally went silent. For like an entire 45 seconds. Mr. RFA finally said, “Granny, are you there?”  She finally uttered out a sound and said she couldn’t believe that. Then she asked when they would arrive so she could be here to help. So babies she has never even met will get her here, but not her first, and most awesome, grandchild. Shame, shame…lol.

Anyway, my sister-in-law is also coming with my MIL.  Since her and Mr. RFA are the only children these will be her first nieces/nephews.  

We have gotten them to come out here under the guise that I am having a non- invasive procedure to explore why my tubes are blocked, so we can get pregnant. They think they’re coming for support.  We feel bad for lying, but had to get them here somehow. I should have used that on my granny. 

Over the past month, however, both of our mothers have been calling us to tell us about their dreams.
My mom started it off telling me that she dreamed we were pregnant with twin boys.  She called me a couple days later to tell me she had another dream I was pregnant.  Those were before we knew what we were having. Mr. RFA joked that if we in fact do have twins, he was going to have her dream up some lotto ticket numbers for us. Lol.  Since that time, she has had more dreams and calls to tell me about them.  I just tell her to keep praying.

My mother in law started in next. She called us the morning we found out we were having twins and told us that she woke up in the night because someone whispered in her ear, “Aretha is pregnant.”  She said it was so amazing to hear those words. Then she went on to say that maybe she wouldn’t have to come in June after all because a procedure may not be necessary.  Then last week she just came right out and asked Mr. RFA if I was pregnant. He answered, sarcastically, “Yeah, Mom she pregnant. Come on...why are you asking me crazy questions?”  That was his way of loophole lying, lol.

I can’t wait to see the look on their faces.  And knowing both of them, they are both going to swear they already knew it.  Then they’ll start comparing whose dreams came first and were most accurate. They are in some type of competition with each other. It’s funny to watch.

We are going to surprise them with a fake commercial Mr. RFA is filming.  We have internet tv, so sometimes Alyssa will want to show us funny youtube videos, which leads to an hour of youtube watching.  She’s going to tell them that she has a funny video to show them and we’ll watch it…then we’ll move on to another one, which will be our “Special Delivery”video.  They’ll be watching waiting for the funny, when we will appear on the screen delivering our great news.

I’ll post the link when we’re all done.  I’m so excited.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the video and the post of how the surprise news went with them.
Sasha

AMES said...

The mothers are fantastic! I love their dreams. How fun.

Ginae said...

sounds like the mothers are intuitively in tune...after having had several dreams that have came true over the years I don't make light of them....if you have twins boys I will really trip out!

Ginae said...

sounds like the mothers are intuitively in tune...after having had several dreams that have came true over the years I don't make light of them....if you have twins boys I will really trip out!