Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Lazy Hair

My hair has experienced some tragic times over the past month. I’ve been straightening it every other week, moisturizing has become a thought instead of an action, and frizz has nearly replaced all curls. I’m not motivated to do anything to my hair other than wash it, straighten it, and occasionally twist it at night only so I don’t have to deal with the uncertainty of a wash and go.

I don’t know exactly when or why I suddenly became so disinterested in my hair.  I’m trying to renew my interest. I’m trying to find new products, but I actually hate doing hair related research. The sadder part, though, is that I hate going to the salon, too, so I can’t even do that in order to avoid finding remedies on my own. 

Maybe this is laziness; I’m sure that has something to do with it. Maybe it’s because I’m sick of my hair in its natural state; Yep, that definitely plays a role. I have been saying this for years, and it still rings true…I need a hair change…a dramatic one. I’ve given much thought to a shorter cut and a relaxer.  Now that I’m pregnant, a relaxer is out of the question, but maybe now is the perfect time for a shorter cut. But, I don’t particularly like the short curly look on me.   Maybe I’ll cut it short and straighten it once a week.

Sigh…I just don’t know.

Since I don’t feel like doing any hair research, here are some questions I have.  Answer if you can.

1.       What’s a great “all-day” moisturizer for thick, medium tight curly hair in a slightly humid climate?

2.       What’s a good scalp treatment ?

3.       What’s a good hair stretching technique that doesn’t involve twists, braids, or much work at all?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you think about some other styles you can do? Like one that comes to mind is wearing a bun. Put your hair in a bun on Sunday nights and put a scarf on it each night and it should be no fuss the next day. Messy buns are even cute. I haven't done this in a while, but what about two french twists? I wish I had a photo to show you but I have the picture in my head. Or how about a roller set on Sundays or Saturdays. Wear it curly all week. No matter what you do, you are going to have to invest in one day of the week styling. As for moisturizers, I make mine. I mix shea butter, coconut oil and olive oil in a big bowl and put it in small containers. I use this on my hair once or twice a week. I also use it on Kayden's skin and hair. It works well for me.If you don't want to do anythign to your hair, maybe you should consider braids? Like micros? Surely it'd last a couple months.

Serenity23