Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Baby Bump News - #2 (Twice As Nice)

Friday was our first doctor's visit since getting our positive pregnancy news. The entire week leading up to the appointment we were both so excited and anxious. I started having fears that that my uterus was empty because I didn't feel like I was having any "real" pregnancy symptoms. I just wanted to see my uterus and be calm.

So....I went into the exam room, undressed and sat on the table waiting for the doctor and nurse. While I was doing that, my husband was in the corner with our camera and tripod setting things up like we were ready to film the production of a major movie. It was cute to watch him to excited to catch everything on video. 

Finally, the RE and nurse walked in.  He informed me that sometimes people have positive tests, but it isn't actually a pregnancy, so he wanted me to know there was a chance they wouldn't see a baby today.  He also warned me that because 2 embryos were transferred back into my uterus there was also a chance we would see two babies. And, lastly there was a chance only one made it through implantation, meaning we would only see one baby. I was fine with any of those scenarios except the first one. I just wanted to know.

Finally I was able to lay back on the table and the ultrasound began.  My husband was by my side, the doctor was moving the wand around, and we were all staring at the screen. He was moving around quickly, to me,  but I thought I saw something.  In the most nonchalant tone, my RE said, "Well, you have two viable pregnancies there."  I started laughing uncontrollably and my husband's mouth dropped wide open and he finally said, "Ooooh....Nooooo."  He was in absolute shock.  Then he cried. I'm usually the bag of water, but I was too giddy to form tears. I couldn't stop laughing. It was so strange.

The doctor showed us the heart beats, measured them and all is well.  They are healthy little jelly beans sticking in mommy's uterus.  We also got several photos of them. One of them together and then a few each of them separately. I'll have to post them later. 

Honestly, I felt like there were two of them from the time of our embryo transfer. I would talk to them and tell them to help each other implant. Every morning I would awake and say, "Hi, babies!"  I had been telling Mr. RFA that two were in there, but he kept telling me not to think that way because he didn't want me to be disappointed if there was one. No matter how many there would have been, there is no way I could feel disappointment with any number of lives inside of me. 

Needless to say, this has been an awesome weekend filled with conversations how life will be with a teenager and infant twins. I'm so excited to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy and to meet them soon.

Stats:

- Today I am exactly 8 weeks pregnant
- Expected due date is January 5th, but my RE believes because there are twins I will deliver closer to the middle of December.
- I have been released from my RE and now all my visits will be with an obgyn.
- I no longer have to wear estrogen patches.
- I'm off of vaginal progesterone and now on oral.
- I have started to have symptoms of extreme fatigue and morning sickness.
- Drinking water makes me puke (what is that about??)

We both know that two babies will be a handful...times two, lol. However, we are too excited to be afraid. 

Our next step is to see the OBGYN in the next two weeks.  

Life is good and God is better!



10 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow! Double Blessings! Congrats! I'm so happy for you! :)

Bliss said...

Thanks so much!! We are over the moon!

LadyLee said...

Whelp! Thank goodness I started on that first blanket and almost finished it. I am 25% done with the second blanket. I guess I will just keep on going! I have been taking pics of it... and you know me... I will post those this week sometime!

I was working on the blanket at my best friend's house the other day and she asked who they were for. I said they are for Bliss, and I promptly whipped out my cell phone and showed her the pic of the embryos up on my fridge... We were in awe of not ever remembering seeing anything like that before.

Just think... These babies will not only see themselves on ultrasound one day... They have photos of themselves as embryos... How amazing is that?

Congrats to you and mister!! And thanks for sharing the journey!

Let me stop typing so I can continue crocheting!

Sherri said...

WOW.... Congrats!!

Sunny said...

Congrats. This is so exciting.

Sasha said...

I'm a new reader. Ladylee talked about you on her blog. I hope you don't mind a new reader from Florida. Congratulations on the twins!!

ames said...

Wonderful news! Double blessings. You will be huge fast.

Take lots of baby bump progress photos.

Serenity3-0 said...

Congratulations on the twins! I was reading along and wondering "Will she just get to the end and tell us how many are in there?" I'm so happy for you and excited! I'm selfish but I sure hope it's a girl and a boy.. I can't wait to see them!

ginae said...

@Serenity....you couldn't guess at the beginning how many there were from the title of her post (twice as nice)...lol....I was like yay she's having twins when I read that...then it was confirmed as I kept reading...like you though I hurriedly ran through the post to have it confirmed because I was anxious to know...

Delonda Parks-Burns said...

Yaaaaaaay, I'm so happy for yall!
It is truly a blessing...:-)