Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

TTC Tuesdays - Week 29 (The Awesome News Edition)




I’m Pregnant!! I wanted to do this whole big build up to give you guys the news, but I’m too excited to control myself.  I went in for my blood pregnancy test yesterday morning. I was anxious to hear good news since the moment I walked out of the lab. Finally at 1:15pm, the My Reproductive Endocrinologist called me himself and gave me the great news!! 

He said "I'm doing great today, Aretha. How about you?"  I started semi screaming the word yay and just about fell to my knees in joy.  There is life inside of me.  There is life in my uterus. My uterus is not broken. God has given me the opportunity to mother another child(ren). My husband will get to experience fatherhood from the beginning. There is life inside of me!  I am overjoyed and so thankful to God for this entire journey, and the rest that is to come.  He truly deserves every single bit of the glory.

I tried to remain faithful through it all. Of course there were moments of weakness and doubt, but I prayed for God to forgive me for negative thinking and to take those thoughts from my mind.

There is life inside of me! 

I have to take two additional tests to make sure it is not a chemical pregnancy and that my beta numbers are progressing as they should. Typically they double every day or so.  And then somewhere around the end of May, we will go in for our first ultra sound to hear heartbeats, check progress, AND find out how many are living in there.

There is life inside of me!

Praise God! I thank him for technology, great health insurance, and the finances to make this all happen. 

We are over the moon excited! Mr. RFA and I have told the daughter and my sister. We are now working on an elaborate way to surprise our mothers and my granny.  My granny and MIL will fly out here for “some reason we make up”, and then we will give them a happy shock!  My MIL has been so great through our journey. She doesn’t know about IVF, but she knows that we tried IUI and that my fibroids had posed an issue last year before the wedding. She is a prayer warrior for sure and has been so faithful.  Her youngest grandchild is now 19 (Mr. RFA’s sister had kids very young), so she is going to be a mess with her first grandchild from her son.  And, I know my mother can’t wait to hear this great news.  My granny will be happy for us, but when I told her months ago that we were trying to get pregnant she said something along the lines of me being slightly off for wanting to start all over with raising kids. We laughed about it. That woman says whatever is on her mind, lol.

So, here are my stats (for my tracking purposes and your reading pleasure):
  •  I am considered to be 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant. (I know what you’re thinking…that’s too far along.  Well, I never knew that the doctors automatically add 2 weeks to your gestational age. Why? Because gestational age is calculated from the date of your last period, as opposed to conceptual age, which is calculated from the date of ovulation.  I have no idea why this is done, but I just know I’m considered 4 week and 1 day pregnant, even though those little beauties were conceived on April 15th at their fertilization party in the lab).
  •  My beta number yesterday was 428 (oh yeah...that's great!!!)
  •  My estrogen level is great
  •   My progesterone level is now normal (last week I got a call that it was low, so the RE increased my dosage and number of butt shots per day…ouch).
  • I have no symptoms right now. Let's pray that continues, lol.
Mr. RFA told me to tell all of you thank you for your prayers. I want to say thank you, too. I don't know if it comes across in words on a screen, but I am really grateful for your prayers. Please continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby(ies).

LadyLee, my husband also said thank you for standing in faith with us and already starting on a baby blanket. When I told him about you, he was visibly thrilled.

Well, the pregnancy journey has begun...35 weeks and 6 days to go...unless he/she/or they want to debut earlier.

This is my last TTC post. Going forward my updates will be labeled Pregnancy Post.


Ahhhhh....There is LIFE inside of me!!!!

Thank God for the miracle of life!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great news. I always included you and your family in my daily prayers. I know quite a few ladies who are pregnant so it was easy to remember. I'm still praying for a healthy and happy pregnancy and delivery! Congrats!
Serenity23

Sherri said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I probably checked this site 50 times since you posted Monday. Good Fortune with the next 36 weeks. :)

BTW, I don't know how you were able to wait for your RE. I took a HPT 2 days before my appt because I couldn't wait. :)

Aww... good news!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! I've been praying that God would bless you and your husband with a baby! May your pregnancy be blessed!

Trish

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Congratulations on everything!!! I just caught up on your wonderful life and I'm SO happy for you!! You are such and inspiration to me and I love that I can SEE God in your life. :)

GP

Wait...my captcha word was son? LOL!

Sandra said...

I'm so happy for you!! Praying for a Happy and Healthy pregnancy journey :)

Anonymous said...

I am overjoyed for your family expansion. I am also teary-eyed. Be blessed!

AMES

LadyLee said...

Honey, you tell Hubby I been knowing you for years, and I know your patterns... Well enough for me to holler "Let me start on this here blanket, even while it's a single thought in her mind."

Really though.

Congrats to you and Mister! I wish I could send you the blanket, but can't 'til I know the sex(es) of the baby(ies). I put on a ruffle for girls, straight edge for boys. I will just pack it up and put it away until then... while I work on the next one. But best believe that I will put a picture of it up next week :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Pray that you are blessed with a healthy baby or babies, thats exciting.

Stacie

Bliss said...

S23 - Thanks so much for your prayers and continued prayers. I love that you know other preggo ppl...babies are in the air, yay!

Sherri - LOL, Thanks! I almost posted it on Monday because I was so darn excited, but I decided to wait. I totally broke down and took one on Saturday, and it was positive. I ended up getting nervous that it was a false positive because I was reading on some of the ttc forums that people still had the hcg trigger shot in their system 12 days past retrieval. I was so happy when it was confirmed.

Trish - Hi! Thank you so very much. We are so appreciative of all the prayers.

GP - Thanks! I'm so humbled that you find my life's journey inspirational :). OH snap...I'll take a Son with no problems, lol.

Sandra - Thanks, dear!

Ames - Thank you soooooo much! To say the word excited is an understatement :)

LadyLee - LOL...I will certainly tell him. It's amazing how others can see our patterns at times, but can't and we're right there in it. God puts people in our lives for a reason, even through the internet!

I can't wait to let you what it is...excited!

Stacie - Hi! Thanks so much. May the health be with us!


Sunny said...

Oh praise be to God!! I am so happy for you. Congrats hon. I will continue to pray for an uneventful pregnancy and delivery.

ShellyShell said...

Congratulations Aretha! I've been reading about your journey although I haven't commented much I couldn't be more excited for you and Mr. RFA. I always kept you in my prayers. One of my good friends went thru the same process two years ago. She was blessed with a little boy! Congratulations again!!!