Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Monday, April 29, 2013

In a Nutshell



Well, we have another weekend under our belts.  I admit that I’m sad to see it go.  

On Friday I took my sister out for a belated birthday dinner. I cannot believe she is 24 years old. That means I’m….almost 33. Whew, time keeps on ticking doesn’t it?  We went to a great little seafood restaurant where we had the best seasoned crawfish, snow crab legs, shrimp, blue crabs, potatoes, and corn.  I was so full and messy by the time we left.  I love sister time.  Did I mention that my sister lives here now?  She does. Yay!

Saturday was a busy day, but it was busy doing things that I didn’t really need to do. The daughter and went and got manicures and pedicures and then went shopping because I decided I wanted a new gala dress for the night instead of wearing one that I already have.  I settled on a deep purple beauty and found Mr. RFA the perfect tie to match.  I had a Chamber award gala to attend for work.  It turned out to be boring, like they are in every City, but at least we looked good and felt great, lol.

Sunday was a great day. After church I went to the grocery store to shop for the next 3 days.  I settled on Spaghetti for Sunday and Monday, and a Roast with potatoes, carrots, asparagus and rice for Tuesday.  I’m crossing my fingers that the roast lasts until dinner on Wednesday, but I have a feeling it will not. Although we are a small family of 3, those other two people I live with can really put some food away.
While I was cooking, I started watching some shows on demand.  I came across The Following. OMGoodness, how did I not know about that show? I hate that only the past 3 episodes were on Demand, but I love that tonight is the season finale, and I want to watch it. It goes completely against my new schedule, but since I was supposed to be at a council meeting tonight anyway (it has since been cancelled), and dinner is already made, I think I should make time to see if Ryan hunts down Joe and saves Claire.  I’ll get back on schedule tomorrow…for real.

I have gnats in my office. Tons of them, and I find myself swatting and scratching. I’m not sure how I’m supposed to work under these conditions. I’m going to buy some bug bombs and release them before I leave at night. Ugh!

Monday started slow. I awoke late (not good). Even though I should have been rushing, I didn’t.  Things picked up as I was making my way to the lab for my blood draw, though. I started getting so excited. To fill you in, I went into the lab this morning to give blood for my pregnancy test.  I’m praying for strong beta numbers.  I can’t wait to hear the news….I want to call my doctor’s office every hour on the hour, but I’ll refrain….I guess.

How was your weekend?

No comments: