Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring

Happy First Day of Spring!
 
With the start of a new season I want to try some new things:
 
1. Read for 2 hours a day. I've been so busy between work and the wedding business that reading has slipped away from me again. I have about 5 books that I want to read, so I need to get on it. (This is also one of my goals for the year)
 
2. Call my valued relationships once every 2 weeks. I have neglected talking with my uncle at length for months now, and I miss that. I also have to do better with my mother and a couple of my friends. This season will be a new start for me to nurture these relationships.  (Also a goal for this year)
 
3. Get friendly with the eliptical.  Once pregnant, it's going to be my friend over running.
 
 
As new things begin, old things end. Here are some things I need to let go:
 
1. Tv time. Over the past several years I go back and forth with Tv addiction. Addiction sounds harsh, but I actually think it's true. I watch it way too much. I've asked my husband that we get rid of cable, but he is obsessed with football and basketball and wants cable for those sports seasons. So basically, year round.  I have to find a way to fight the battle anyway.
 
2. Laziness. I'm becoming more lazy with domestic duties. I still cook every night and do laundry, etc., but I notice that I take longer to do those things, and I'm pushing more on my daughter and Mr. RFA. The teenager complains, he doesn't, but I don't want it to get to the "complaint" level.
 
 
 
So there it is...the old and the new....the beginnings and the ends.
 
Happy Spring!

2 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

I gave up tv for lent.. I can't tell you how productive I have been. I have read so many books. I have managed to carve out prayer time and bible study time in my day. In the past I have wanted to read my bible but would not understand stuff, get sleepy, you name it. But I have been focused and have read several books of the Bible with clarity. I decided to cancel cable. It's been canceled for almost a month now.. I ordered netflix for Tyler and he's shown me so many series that I may want to watch when I'm back to watching. The thing that I have missed has been watching the news in the mornings. I have just replaced that with reading the newspaper online. I was trying to curve the things that I watch, hear, and allow into my brain and spirit.. All of those reality tv shows I use to love, I have no desire to pick those back up.. It's been a good thing for me.

LadyLee said...

Someone once told me that when you decrease your tv time, the quality of your life increases. I wholeheartedly agree. Television is chewing gum for the brain, especially these days... just mindless. And I find that as I get older, I am leaning towards television that educates me or helps my heart in some way.

For the past 3 weeks, I have had myself on a nighttime schedule. It takes me roughly 45 minutes to "pick up" two rooms and ready myself for the next day (lunch, clothes, keys, etc) so that I wouldn't be so frantic in the mornings. It has made a world of difference for me indeed.