Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Quiet

I've been a bit quiet. I've been busy and had an emotionally draining week, and wasn't ready to put any of it in words.

1. I made it to round one of an interview process for a promotional position on my local government career ladder.  I was called back and told I was one of the strongest candidates (110 applied, 8 made it to first round, they were look for 3 finalists).  However, I was asked if I would be willing to relocate to the City (Southern Dallas Suburb...I currently live in a Northern Dallas Suburb).  I informed them that I could not move until 2016 because I wanted to keep my daughter in her current educational environment through highschool. The City Council of that City, along with the City Manager really wants the person selected to live there. I have a fundamental philosophical difference with that line of thinking. I get that the CM should live in the city, if possible, but a deputy should not be mandated to.  I just hate that those that oversee my chosen profession believe that we can't be professional enough to do our jobs without saying we live there.  Anyway...I was told that if I don't make it to the final round it would only be for my inability to move.  I'm hoping that there is a change of heart, and that I am judged off my skills, experience, and talent and not my zipcode.

2. I got some unpleasant news about my body this week in regards to TTC.  I'll blog about it in detail on Tuesday, but in a nutshell My left fallopian tube is blocked, I seem to only ovulate from my left ovary, and IVF is our best option for conceiving.  The only upsetting part of that was that my tube was blocked.  Why can't my body just be normal?  More on that on Tuesday.

3. My baby got her gpa and class ranking last week and I'm so proud of her. She has a 4.32 gpa and is in the top15% of her class. She is striving to make it to the top 10% and she wants a 4.7 gpa because now her sights are set on Columbia. She has been researching the school and it has cultivated quite an obsession for her. I think she's most fascinated by the idea of living in New York...but who knows. I know she'll go back and forth a million times about where to go, but I'm glad that her ambitions remain consistently high.  I'm proud of my teenager! Now if she could only add FAMU to her list of possible schools (sigh).

4. I finished my juicing challenge. I'm sorry I just couldn't post about the same thing everyday. Maybe (MAYBE) I'll do a 30 day recap post. I drank some yummy stuff, and some not so yummy stuff.

5. Mr. RFA is sick with a cold. He acts pretty helpless when sick. Like a baby who needs a bottle constantly. I am praying that he feels better soon before I hurt him or run away from home. lol.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Serenity3-0 said...

I'm sorry to hear about #2. Great job on that GPA for your daughter! And good luck on the interview.