Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lent

Today is the start of lent. I remember back in 2009 lent was one of the most spiritual times in my life. This year, I've decided I want to intentially participate  again.

We have a family meeting once a week. We talk about everything from meal plans for the upcoming week to vacation dreams to our family/household constitution. We discuss our week, and challenges or issues within or outside of the house. We then refer to scripture to guide us through it and arms us in case the same challenge/issue comes around again.

This week we are going to start a workbook together on prayer. I am over the moon excited about this. We will do two chapter a week and come together and have a discussion and bible study on it. I can't wait to see how Alyssa's prayer style develops and grows, and mine to for that matter.

I am also giving up sweets for lent. I think this will help me get back on track as far as limiting sweets in a major way. So...bye bye sugar.

I plan to spend this time doing alot of praying, reflecting, and simply talking to God. Not asking so many questions like I did back in 2009, but moreso just talking to him.

Are you participating in Lent?

1 comment:

LadyLee said...

No ma'am. Not participating in length.

I love reading your lent season activities. Definitely some growth going on there.

I read a workbook on Prayer 3 years ago, I believe. I still incorporate some of what I learned. That will be a good activity for you all.