Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Career Step

Guess What? I made it to the finalist round for the position I blogged about yesterday. There are two other finalists, so I have 33% chance of getting the final offer. I'm confident, excited and thrilled at the prospect of taking the next step.

I'm so very happy that I wasn't disqualified by my zipcode.Thank God for that!

It's not uncommon that in this line of work, finalists are publicly announced, so I went ahead and had a conversation with my boss about my finalist status in case it is published. This wasn't a shock to him as we've had the conversation about me looking outside the organization for a year now. He respects my desire to gain new experiences in othe cities.  He was very encouragining and even offered to call the CM in the prospective City to give a glowing recommendation.

I have to just thank God. Even if I don't end up getting the position, I know that I am favored. God just blesses me continuously and I am so thankful.

So, now every night this week I have to prepare for my interview next week.

1 comment:

LadyLee said...

One step closer to being my future POTUS, man!

I hope that works out for you. I am just glad you can be open with your boss. We start telling management anything we're trying to do around these parts, they get an attitude and start trying to block. Sigh.