Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

TTC Tuesdays - Week 13

Things in TTC world were weird over the past two weeks.  To make a long story short, my cycle was 36 full days, which had me all kinds of confused and worried.  I had taken 3 hpts over 5 days and they were all negative, so I was confused as to why my new cycle hadn't reared its ugly head.  Then I began to worry that something was wrong.  My husband was my calm in my sea of emotional craziness.
 
Finally on CD35 I decided to call our fertility doctor to let them know that something was off, and that my cycle never runs this long.  Wouldn't you know it..the next morning I go in and boom, my new cycle starts...crazy.  They still checked and everything is on the up and up.
 
So, new cycle means no pregnancy in December. I am currently on CD5 of our 6th month TTC.  We are now past the "try it the old-fashioned way" step and on to the you need "medical help" step.  This is bitter sweet for me.  A part of me feels like I'm failing at something by not being able to conceive like most people, heck, like I did 14 years ago.  Then a bigger part of me thanks God that he has created smart people to develop this technology to help us through the process.
 
I have 100% faith that we will conceive, whether natural or through help.  I think I get in trouble with myself and God when I start asking the question,  "Why not now, Lord."  I don't want to rush God's timing, so I need to stay in some constant prayer on this.
 
So, on next Monday, the 14th (CD11) we go back to the doctor so he can see how my egg sack and uterine lining are developing for the month and try to determine an approximate date of my expected ovulation.  They will also have me monitoring ovulation with their tests, so I can get my definite 24 hour peak and head back to the doctor for the IUI procedure. 
 
It would be great if this first round of IUI worked, but I'm emotionally preparing myself just in case it doesn't.  I have read that some women go through 3 or 4 rounds before it takes.  We are prepared to do that. 
 
Well, that's it for now!  I'll let you know how the doctor visit goes next week.
 
~ Blissfully Yours

4 comments:

LadyLee said...

I was just thinking about this last week. How I need to go make a baby yarn run real soon.

I'm starting on the baby blanket, soon as i finish the current one I am working on. That's me acting in faith in the situation. Yes ma'am.

Keep on trying, hon. Don't give up hope or faith. God's timing is EVERYTHING.

Bliss said...

Lady Lee, Feels good to have someone else standing in faith! Oooh...a baby blanket sounds heavenly! I can't wait to post about the good news so I can get one of your beautiful creations :)

Sunny said...

Wow, that is standing in faith! I love it!

Serenity3-0 said...

I don't always comment but I do catch up to read.. And just want to say I will add you to my prayers for your bundle of joy!