Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Ramble, Ramble

Happy Monday!
 
I had a wonderful and productive weekend.  I had a few client meetings and got to spend tons of alone time with Mr. RFA.   It was actually the perfect weekend. He and I tried a new resteraunt on Saturday night called Hattie's.  I had previously heard great things about it, but it was never on my radar.  My honey apparently heard about it, too, and decided to surprise me by planning a date night all by himself.
 
I started a new swim class last week.  It similar to one I took back in 2011 that works on conditioning, technique, and speed. We've only met twice so far, and already I feel like a better swimmer.  I really value swim classes.  Funny thing to note about the class is that I'm the only woman.  That has never happened. And, I'll have to say I'm one of the better swimmers.  That made me feel good. 
 
Mr. RFA said he'd complete a triathlon with me in May only if I'm not pregnant.  Oh yeah, he also said he forbids me to do one if I'm pregnant.  I think that's nonsense.  I would only be a few months at that point - 4 at the most.  I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.  I'm sure I'd do whatever he said - those are good problems to have.   :)
 
One of my friends told me she was in a relationship with a woman.   This is one of my bestfriends, and I've never known her to be gay, curious, or anything else of the sort.  She told me this news back in September after keeping it from me for a month. She knew I'd still love her, but there was some fear of reaction.  I knew she was afraid, so I provided a gentle response. I've thought about this new "lifestyle" she's leading very often since finding out. I'm having a hard time making sense of any of it. I have no problem with homosexuality, but I have a problem when people enter homosexual relationships and they aren't really gay. I think it makes things that much more difficult for those who are really gay. And, not just that, she has a daughter. I'm worried what her daughter is thinking, feeling, etc. I keep asking questions. I'm worried for my friend and the consequences of her decision.
 
My granny has been juicing for almost 6 months now and she loves it.  She feels better and seems happier in general.  She juices every morning and loves telling people about the benefits.  Sometimes I have to ask, "who is this woman?"  Were swaping juicing recipes yesterday and in the middle of the conversation I told her how proud I am of her.  She responded, "Thank you, chile (child)...I sholl (sure) don't want nobody  wipin' my behind and having to take care of me."   She cracks me up!
 
I feel some sense of relief now that Mr. RFA and I have decided that we will remain in our current house for the next 4 years. I was going crazy trying to figure out exactly where we would move.  Now I can delay the process for another year before I start to get consumed again.
 
I got a call this morning from Citi Bank in Washington, DC.  I opened an account with them when I lived in DC.  I totally and completely forgot about any such account.  Well apparently they have been trying to contact me to let me know that they have categorized my account as abandoned and I need to claim my property otherwise it will go to the District of Columbia and I'll have to claim it from them.  I'm still trying to understand what in the world I was doing for the past 5 years that made me forget I had $590.87 sitting somewhere.  I thank God for the blessing, though!
 
 
That's all for now!
 
~ Blissfully Yours 





4 comments:

LadyLee said...

You know, I have had a couple of friends over the years who have coupled up with other women. And I am perplexed, because uh, I wanna holler, "But you don't like women!" I find it fascinating and perplexing. Really.

Hmm. And like you, I wonder the same thing. How difficult does it make it for the people who have been gay all of their lives?

I grew up with "two uncles". So it doesn't bother me or my siblings one bit. But there is a fuzzy line between when it is a choice, and when it is a life. I don't know the line. Nor do I concern myself much with it because that's not who I am.

But it makes me concerned for my friends, and making sure they feel alright about it all in their hearts.

When my baby brother was 11, one of his friends came out to him. He asked my advice about it. I told him, even though you don't understand what that's all about, that is your friend. Always love your friends unconditionally. Don't create an atmosphere of hatred and intolerance. That was the best way to explain it to a 11-year-old. It is the best way to explain it to myself.

I love juicing. Fantastic way to get all those vitamins, minerals and enzymes on a cellular level. I've had my juicer for 7 years. Never knew till last year that I could juice dandelions, kale, swiss chard, green beans, sweet potatoes, broccoli and brussel sprouts. That opens up a whole new juicing world for me!

Bliss said...

Yes, LadyLee...I am very worried about how she feels in her heart. Whether this is her true feeling or one of desperation. I don't know. I still love her and I treat her the same, but I want to shake her out of it.

Green beans?? I did not know that one. My granny actually put me on to the sweet potatoes. I just hate how much gets thrown in the "no good" section of the juicer. I want all my fruit and veggies.

Sunny said...

Your Granny sounds like a one cool lady. :) By the sounds of it, I need to get on this juicing tip. As for your friend, I think the best you can do is just be there for her. People have a way of figuring what they need when they need it. It seems surprising to be gay one day in adulthood but maybe she's been repressing these feelings all her life. Who knows?

AMES said...

This post made me smile. I love when men desire to protect both their baby in the womb and the mother of their child. It's beautiful to me. My husband was very involved during my pregnancies and that made me love pregnancy even more. Some folks might not like such level of "control" from a spouse but I let him spoil me. I also gave up colored soda because he did not want his kid to drink it, in return he would make runs or get up at whatever hour to make or buy my strawberry smoothies.