Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Juice/Smoothie Challenge - Days 6 & 7

I thought I was going to be able to blog over the weekend, but nope. It didn't happen.

So here are my weekend reviews:

Day 6 (Saturday) -
Recipe:
Bunch of spinach
5 kale leaves
1 cucumber
3 stalks celery
1/2 apple
 
Review: It wasn't bad, but I really should have added the entire apple to cut the taste of all the greens.  The cucumber tempered it some, but not quite as much as I would have liked.
 
Day 7 (Sunday) -
Recipe:
Pineapple
Strawberry
Blueberry
Ice
 
Review:  I decided to make an all fruit smoothie.  After Saturday's concoction I was all green'd out.  This was a yummy as it sounds.  My bullet did surpirsingly well with the ice.
 
Day 8 (Monday) -
Recipe:
Sweet Potatoe shreds that were leftover from last week
Kale
Spinach
2 Carrots
 
Review:  Well I juiced everything and then poured it over the leftovers and smoothied it all together.  It was fine...nothing groundbreaking.  I was feeling lazy this morning, which is why this recipe is so blah.
 
I'm going to go ahead and post what I'll be drinking from Tuesday through Friday.
 
Day 9 (Tuesday) - I am so afraid of this recipe because of the beets.  I'm going to try my best to remain open minded, but I am NERVOUS. lol.
Recipe:
Beets
Carrots
Oranges
Mint
 
Day 10 (Wednesday) - I'm not so nervous about this one. I may or may not add the lemon, though.
Recipe:
4 carrots
1 cucumber
1 stalk celery
1 apple
1/2 lemon, peeled
Bunch Spinach
 
Day 11 (Thursday) - Ok...I'm nervous again. I love garlic...like really love it. I could eat it on almost anything.  But I never thought about drinking it.  But, I'm trying to be open and creative with my juices.  And, I've read about some great benefits to garlic...so here goes!
1 fresh garlic clove
2 Granny Smith apples
1 bell pepper
 
Day 12 (Friday) -  I'm most excited about this one, which is why I saved it for Friday.  I love jicama, but never had it juiced...this is going to be good. The recipe doesn't call for spinach, but I like having green in most of what I juice.  I'm going to smoothie the spinach with the juice because I want the added fiber.
Recipe:
1/2 jicama
1/2 pear
2 medium carrots
sliver of raw ginger
Spinach
cayenne pepper on top
 
This is going to be an interesting week!
 

 

3 comments:

LadyLee said...

That garlic...LOL. Hmm. Interested in what you think of that one.

Good recipes. I am writing some of these down!

Bliss said...

Oh my...you're scaring me about the garlic. Have you tried it. Do tell me what to expect!!!!

ginae said...

I still can't get use to concoctions with beets in it...and if I add too much celery to anything that's a wrap! Lol...I downloaded two free books on juice and smoothie recipes to my kindle....can't wait to try them...good luck with the garlic...lol