Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Juice/Smoothie Challenge - Day 5

This morning's concoction was delicious.  I loved everything about it.  Whoever came up with juicing a sweet potatoe is genius.

The ginger gave it all the extra kick it deserved.  I only juiced the sweet potatoe, 2 carrots and ginger.  Then I poured that into the bullet up with a bunch of spinach and smoothied it.  I don't like juicing spinach because I feel like I lose too much of it.  I want all of my green veggies.

Today I decided to save the scraps from my juicer...there was tons of potatoe and carrot left behind.  I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with it.  Maybe smoothie it later...I just don't want to waste it.

Day 6 Recipe
Bunch of spinach
5 kale leaves
1 cucumber
3 stalks celery
1/2 apple


I'm trying to make this drink as green as possible, but I know I will need the apple to cut the pure green taste.  This is the first one I think I'm nervous about.  The ingredients, while healthy, just don't sound good together.  I guess I'll see tomorrow.

1 comment:

LadyLee said...

Sweet Potato juice is the BOMB. I was thinking, you gonna try that and be like whoa!

I don't know who came up with that, either. I just happen to be on a site a few months back that has an exhaustive list of the juices and the benefits of each and I saw sweet potato juice. O_o. I tried it and it made me want to do a church shout!!

I like the kick that a little ginger gives. We get that in for analysis, and you should see the chromatograms of it. It is chock FULL of healthy chemicals. Tooo many to count! (Ok, Dr. LadyLee the scientist is talking, let me shut up, lol).

Anyway, the first time I juiced ginger, I juiced too much. Thought my chest was gonna explode! Felt like I had drank a glass of hard liquor! lol Took a minute to find a good amount that was just right :)