Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Juice/Smoothie Challenge: Day 2

Day 1 Recipe Review: 

This morning I tried the sweet cravings recipe.  It is supposed to fight off all of my terrible sweet cravings.  I haven't had any cravings, but some days I don't, so I'm not totally sure it's because of the recipe.

On to taste -  This isn't the best concoction I've tried. It wasn't terrible either, though.  I thought I would hate it because I hate celery unless it has been cooked and drowned in the juices of turkey wings.  I think the apple really helped to cut the taste of the celery.  I also added more cinnamon than I probably should have - it poured out a little too fast.

All in all, today's juice was decent.


Tomorrow's recipe:

On Tuesday I will be making the Dr. Oz snack smoothie.  This is the between meal snack for those on the Dr. Oz 2 day cleanse.  I've read mixed reviews about taste, but I am really looking forward to it. This will be my first time dealing with artichoke in juice/smoothie form.

Recipe (I'm going to do this one as a smoothie, though I may juice the kale and add it to the bullet for the smoothie blend.  
5 Kale leaves
1/2 cup pineapple
2 cucumbers
2 artichoke hearts (can or jar)
1/2 squeezed lemon
1/2 cup fresh mint

This actually sounds like a delicious concoction to me. Anything with mint and pineapple have me sold.  And, I love juicing with Kale...it's such a rich and hearty taste that it makes me feel like I just had a healthy meal, lol.

Oh yeah...can't wait to try this tomorrow.






1 comment:

LadyLee said...

I too don't like celery, but I tried your day 1 juice yesterday, and it was pretty good. Not heavy, pretty smooth and light. It's a good way to get rid of my extra celery, lol.

Now those artichokes... O_o. Waiting to see what you think of that. Sounds good, though.