Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Baby - The Goals Edition!

Whoop Whoop...2013 is here and 2012 is in the books!
 
I really should have written this before now, but just pretend I did.
 
2012 was a fantastic year...actually I would call it the best so far.  I married the love of my life, started my own business, and recategorized some relationships. What?!?  I almost can't believe it, but it's all true, lol.
 
This year I'm looking to have an even better time.  Here are some of my goals and aspirations for 2013:
 
1. First things, first...RUN!  I've started back running, and I'm ready to get back to where I was. This year will be the year of my second half marathon and my second triathlon!  I'm hoping the latter will be completed with my sister by my side. She is a hard nut to crack when you involve water in the equation.
 
2. Nurture and grow my business.  Most of all, continue to give an outstanding and original product to each of my clients. By the way, you can go and like the business on our facebook page.
 
3. Get pregnant or have a blast trying. LOL.
 
4. Continue growing into my role as a wife - I really am trying to win the imaginary "Best Wife in the World" award.  My husband says I still have some work to do, though. haha - that guy.
 
5. Read more, watch tv less.  I know I need to be more specific, but I won't. There is no set number of books...not right now, anyway. I just want to back away from the boob tube.
 
6. Read the entire New Testament.  I could say the whole Bible, but I'm going to be realistic and take  baby steps.
 
7. Nurture the relationships I really value, and move away from those that I don't. Oooh, this one is going to be interesting.
 
8. Do one household project per quarter. We have so many desires, but no timeframes.
 
9. Speak kind words as much as possible.  I stopped cursing in September 2011, but now I need to stop using ugly words of any kind.  And, that goes for yelling. Lord knows this has been a challenge my entire adult life.
 
10. Find new adventures.  The wedding has been my biggest yet, then skydiving, then the half marathon.  I want the hot air balloon, walking on the great wall, etc.  I'm on the search for 2013 adventures.
 
11. Maintain healthy, responsible financial habits. - My list wouldn't have been complete without a financial goal. haha!
 
I'm so excited about this year, as I am about every year.  I look forward to all the great things my daughter, husband and I will do.  It's going to get good!
 
What's on your list?? 

~ ~ Blissfully Yours

4 comments:

Sunny said...

Great list. I think I will have to steal your no cursing, yelling or negative comments ... on second thought I think I'll start with no cursing. All three at once might be my undoing. lol

LadyLee said...

I always have loved your goals lists. They always give me hope and encourage me to work on my own. This one is good as in encompasses the physical, spiritual, and mental. And that's a good thing!

AMES said...

Happy New year! I am going to ponder goals.

Serenity3-0 said...

I pulled out a workbook I bought a long time ago about the new testament for "beginners." or something like that. i told myself I'd start working on it. I did read much of the Old Testament a few years ago. Now I can't recall where I stopped so that I could go back and finish. But personal bible study time, family vacay, finishing my MBA are on my immediate goals list.