Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

3 Years

It was three years ago today that I signed on the dotted line and purchased my first home.  I still remember how proud I was of myself.  I still remember how excited Alyssa was to decorate her room however she wanted.
 
Over the past three years, homeownership has taught me quite a bit. I'm so happy I made the decision to buy where I did, and so quickly after moving Texas.  My neighborhood is wonderful, the people are great, the schools are great, and the house is great. It was a true blessing for me to be able to purchase the house, and I hope to always be grateful for the basic things like shelter, food, clothing, love because all the rest is just a bonus.
 
On December 22, 2009 I never thought that I would share this house with my husband.  In my mind I always saw us buying a house together the week before the wedding, so we could move in after the honeymoon.  But then the reality of school zones, and possible relocation in another short 3.5 years came into play.  So, we decided to rent out his place in a farther away city, and live in this home so our daughter can stay at her highschool until graduation, and we don't have to buy another house in this area only to try and sell it in 3.5 years when we will likely relocate after the daughter's graduation. 
 
As blessed as I felt when I bought the house, I feel even more blessed to call it OUR house now.  It is hard to believe that we have only shared this space for 4 months...it seems like this house has always been for all of us.
 
Thank God for home!
 
~ Blissfully Yours


No comments: