Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Healthy Living Step


I stepped on the scale today after avoiding it for months.  I could see my body parts starting to grow again, but somewhere over the past year my mental switch at doing the “right” things in the way of eating and exercising had clicked off.

I really lost much motivation during our wedding planning process.  It was a unique situation and caused levels of stress I had never experienced before.  Funny how now I’m loving doing it for others.

Anyway…I do exercise still, just not consistently.  My food intake hasn’t been extremely terrible, but I have stopped making deliberate decisions about what enters my body.

Both of these things – eating and exercising are still near and dear to my heart.  These are things that are important to my life in tremendous ways.  Why then did the mental switch disconnect from my emotional switch?  I don’t know.

What do I know?  I know that I want to mend the relationship between the two. I know that I want to reignite my enthusiasm for deliberate choices.

So, I declare today is the day I will stop floating through my eating and exercising life, and instead I will go back to the 2010-2011 Me where I made choices, and didn’t just let things happen…and definitely didn’t AVOID knowledge.  I mean how ridiculous that I’ve been avoiding that stupid scale for months.  I knew it was going to tell me something that would force my hand, and I guess I just wasn’t ready.

Well, I’m ready…here goes, again.

On my drive into work this morning I was stuck thinking about what I saw on the scale.  I started to beat up on myself and wonder how I let so much progress piss away.  For some reason my mind went to Oprah.  Her health and weight struggles have been on display for all of the world to judge for years.  And, yet she continues to face her battle head on, albeit sometimes she takes long breaks in between…each time she has gotten back on the horse and tried.  So, I told myself to shut up and take back my control!

Here is a quote, coincidentally from Oprah, that I love: The big secret in life [health and fitness] is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work.
 
I'm ready to work this step in my life!
 
~ Blissfully Yours

1 comment:

Sunny said...

OMG, I swear this morning (or last night I'm not sure) I was thinking I should ask you are you still running. And then this post. I guess that answers that.