Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

TTC Tuesdays - Week 1

 
This new weekly series will be all about our attempts to conceive a baby.  I will try to be as candid as possible, 1. Because I just typically tend to be open like that when blogging (I guess you can call it my one of my "safe" places), and 2. Maybe I can help someone through my story, and I’m all for that.  I bring up my intentions to be candid to say, if you don’t want to hear words like cycle, pee, mucus, hormones, etc. you may want to skip the TTC Tuesday posts, and come back on Wednesdays.

 
Here is a list of Acronyms I’ll likely be using on this journey:

BD – Baby Dancing (sex)

BFP – Big Fat Positive (pregnancy test result)

BFN – Big Fat Negative (pregnancy test result)

BBT – Basal Body Temperature

C# - Cycle number (fyi, I'm on C1 because this is the first month we are really trying)

CD – Day of current cycle

CM – Cervical mucus

FM – Fertility Monitor

OPK – Ovulation predictor kit

TTC – Trying To Conceive


 
I gave thought to starting a side blog about my TTC adventures, but who wants the hassle of managing three blogs (this one, business blog, and a TTC one)? Not me.

So I figured, I could share all my TTC moments with you all one day a week. 

In case you don’t know, let me give you some background.  I’m a 32 year old, healthy newlywed wanting my future babies to come right now. I am already the mother of one amazing teenaged girl (conceived when I was 17 and not ttc).  My husband, who is a few years older than me has no children of his own, though he views my daughter as his.   We want more kid(s) – plural, so we want to go ahead and get this show on the road.  Also, I’ve had issues with fibroids in the past, and by issues I mean they have invaded my uterus twice causing me to have them removed.

At my last check up, I was fibroid free and my uterus was the shape and size of a perfect pear. And, I had recently ovulated.  That checkup was in June.

My husband and I decided to leave Baby Dancing (BD) for marriage, so we didn’t start taking advantage of my perfect breeding conditions until August (the month of our marriage).  Though, in August we weren’t really TTC-ing with any sophistication, we were just having newlywed fun. 

In September, we decided to use an on-line calculator to try and determine my ovulation period. We’ve since found out that method wasn’t successful and my uterus is still without child.

So, my husband started off on some research.  That man is the research king of products. At any rate, he found some forums and such that were raving about a fertility monitor.  You guessed it, we bought it.  So starting this cycle we are using a fertility monitor by cl.ear blu.e easy (the reviews are overwhelmingly positive).  It seems pretty simple to use. Right now I’m just turning it on every morning waiting for the day that it tells me to pee on a stick and check my fertility level.

Why are we using a monitor?  Well, given the past fibroid issues and our ages, we don’t want to just “try” haphazardly.  Here’s the thing, there is only a 20% chance each month that a woman will get pregnant.  And that 20% chance can only take place when she ovulates.  My cycles aren’t the most regular, though not terribly irregular, so we don’t want to waste time (see years) - we're not spring chickens.  Also, there is a chance those little fibroid creatures could come back and block passage ways to make things happen naturally.  We are open to other methods of conception, but we would love to conceive the “natural” way.

So there you have it.  You have been brought up to speed and are now cordially invited to watch me on the journey of this super exciting life step.

 
~ Blissfully Yours 
 

1 comment:

Delonda Parks-Burns said...

I'm going to keep you in my prayers, and I hope that God blesses you and your husband with a baby soon, with many more babies to come in the future. Also, enjoy the baby making process!!!....:-) That's going to be fun girl!!