Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Business Horizons


As I told you all before, I have been diligently throwing myself in the development of a new business venture since everything wrapped up with the wedding.

During the process, I had moments of stress (Many that I’d like to forget), and moments of wanting to throw my hands up and turn it all over to my husband.  In the end I got through it.

I was quite shocked that I was so stressed because I’ve planned tons of events for my family and friends in the past and never was I stressed…just pure excitement and happiness in making their visions come to life.
 
Toward the end of my own wedding planning, I remembered that joy for planning and it caused a light bulb to go off in my mind.  I wanted to turn my enjoyment of event planning into a business.
 
So introducing:  An Adams Original – Event Designand Planning Firm.  This is what I’ve been working on.
 
When the thought hit me, I talked it over with my husband who threw all his support at me, and I hit the ground running.  I’ve been taking study courses to add a level of “expert” knowledge to my practical experiences; making contacts in the event planning world of Dallas; and working on my marketing plan.
 
I still have much to do, but I am well on my way.  Today is my internal launch date.  I launched to my family and friends weeks ago and begin advertising on theknot.com and weddingwire.com.  I even reached out to a friend of a friend who I helped with her wedding and a cousin that I helped to get reviews from them.
 
I’m really excited about this new chapter in my life. It's funny that for so long I was trying to figure out what a great business of my own would look like. I was thinking that my talents could only be used in my professional government setting, and I didn't even pay attention to the things I was already doing.  Sometimes things are right in front of our eyes (and hands), and we don't even notice.  I'm glad I finally took notice of my abilities.

 
~ Blissfully Yours

3 comments:

AMES said...

I wish I had a wedding or happy occasion to plan. I could use your services. Your administration/management background is a great foundation for event planning.

Bliss said...

Aw, that would be great. I'm just so excited about all that I've already been able to do, and discovering what the future holds.

lifeisfullofsunnydays said...

Good for you for starting something new. I wish you nothing but success.