Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Recap

My husband and I had our first couple date this weekend. This is one that I set up with a woman I work with.  She and her husband have been married just over a year and we are all pretty similar in age.  We decided to go bowling so we could have activity with the ability to still hold conversations.

My husband is a sports guy.  Let me clarify, he’s a football guy.  His number one criteria for determining if he can even like another guy is whether or not the guy likes football. The second is making sure he is not a cowboys fan. LOL. Luckily both were true of my coworkers husband.  
We chatted about tons of things like kids, relocation, church, and marriage networks.  I’m excited to go out with this couple again. And, I hope we make even more couple friends.
------------------

My daughter also had a volleyball tournament this weekend. The same was true last weekend.  High school volleyball reminds me more of club volleyball – there is a tourney just about every weekend, practice is for 3 hours a day, and two normal games during the week.  This sport is not for the faint of heart or disorganized. I am proud of the way my daughter is balances her academics with her love of vball.
---------------------
On Sunday, my husband and I had the house to ourselves and we decided to stay in and be complete lazy bones.  We didn’t even leave to go to church.  It was enjoyable. I love just being in his company doing absolutely nothing.  We even split up for a portion of the day as I was watching the history channel in one room and he was being hypnotized by football in another.  

Overall, it was a great weekend.  I love these moments.  My family and the simply pleasure they give me are priceless. I’m a blessed woman.  

How was your weekend??
~ Blissfully Yours

No comments: