Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Impending Launch

My business launch date is less than 30 days now, and I still have things to finalize.  My website is nearly complete, with only minor tweaks left to be made.  My logo is another story.  My logo designer hasn’t responded to me in over 6 days, which makes me want to send a strongly worded email excusing him from his services.  I’m trying to play it cool, instead. Maybe he has something so spectacular in the works that he needs more time.

I sent him three designs I liked and sketched out something that was floating around in my head. He has only sent me designs based off what I came up with, but I specifically told him I wanted to see other things too. I need options before I make this decision.

So until I have my final logo, I can’t send my business cards to print, or print out my packages on my official stationary.

In the meantime, I’m going to work on finalizing all the materials that need to be printed out, and reaching out to some people for some partnership opportunities on a couple of projects.

I’ve gotten my EIN number from the IRS, which is basically your business’s social security number. Since I’m a sole proprietorship just starting out I didn’t have to move forward with the business step, but I want to start out completely legitimate and I don’t want to use my personal ssn for business purposes.

I’m also finalizing my marketing strategy and going to set up my business bank account this week.  Oh yeah…it’s exciting times over here in the business start up world, lol.

Seriously, though, I’m excited and looking forward to October 1, 2012, when I officially launch my newest baby!

~ Blissfully Yours

2 comments:

AMES said...

Congratulations and much success on your business endeavors.

Bliss said...

Hi there! Thanks.