Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Running Step

I haven’t run in a couple of months. I could blame it on wedding planning, but I won’t. I was just being lazy and stopped prioritizing. Well, I’m back it again.  My goal is to run a half marathon by the end of the year.  I’m really considering doing the former White Rock Half, now known as the Dallas Marathon and Half.  It’s in December, so that would give me plenty of time to get back into the swing of things.

I remember how I previously couldn’t miss two days straight of running without feeling weird. I can’t wait to reignite those days. I remember how super hero-esque  I felt when I would finish a long run.  I’m ready to feel like wonder woman again.

So, what’s my game plan?  Well, I’m just going to start running until my legs tell me to walk. Then I’m going to walk until my legs tell me I can run again.  And, I’ll do that until my legs finally stop telling me to walk.

I am going to play around with some fueling options when I get back to 6 miles.  I had a regime, but I know it could have been better had I dedicated more attention to it.  Oh, I’m also finally going to have a scheduled weight training routine. My husband has a whole weight lifting contraption right at my fingertips.

I’ve picked up some weight I had previously lost, not all of it, but enough to lose.  I am really pressed about losing it, too, because we are wanting to have babies sooner rather than later. That means I need to lose some pounds before getting baby pounds on me.

Yay…I’m excited about reintroducing myself to my sneakers and the pavement.  I’ve missed them so!

~ Blissfully Yours

No comments: