Growing, Learning, and Enjoying Every Part Of It.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Registered

I mentioned yesterday that I’m in the midst of starting a side business. Well yesterday afternoon I decided to take some time away from work and take care of some formalities. I have officially registered my business with the County Clerk’s Office. My chosen name for the company was available, so I went ahead and made it happen. The process was much easier than I imagined. It was really a matter of making sure the name wasn’t taken, filling out a 1 sheet form, and paying the fee. Easy Breezy.

I’m almost finished with my business plan. The final thing I need to do is write the executive summary.  It’s the easiest part, but I just keep putting it off.  I’m most excited about my marketing plan. Right now the biggest piece of that plan is logo and website design.  I have a friend from high school that I keep in touch with through facebook who is now a graphic designer. He has a design business on the side, so he is working up a logo for me based off some sketches I did and other logos I’ve seen that I like. I am also in the midst of negotiating with a website designer. Who knew web design was so expensive? I didn't.  At any rate, I found someone who is reasonable (if that's what we have to call it) and has a nice portfolio.  He is going to create a sample site for me over the next week to see how I like it. 

My plan is to be official by October 1st and by all accounts it looks like I'm on schedule. After that I'll just need my first client. I'm so super nercited (nervous and excited, for those who don't know, lol)!

~ Blissfully Yours


 

2 comments:

Bliss said...

Ginae, Yeah I'm going to keep it under wraps until everything is finished and ready to be unveiled...lol. Don't worry, it's coming soon...

Serenity3-0 said...

I am just now catching up on the new digs.. Congratulations on the marriage! I hope the daughter is doing well also.